Saturday, September 13, 2008

Our Twenties Pastor Turns 30


Our pastor and friend Justin turned 30 on 9/14/08. Poor guy! Just kidding. It happens to the best of us. Or so I've heard. ;)

His very-pregnant-yet-awesome wife Taylor threw a killer cocktail party in the backyard of an elder's home. We were asked to dress in suave cocktail attire. Though the night was cool, there were heat lamps and a fire pit that kept away the chilliness. Taylor had prepared a full bar of classy cocktail liquor and instructions on how to make some of my favorites: sangria, cosmopolitans, mojitos. Not to mention practically a baby pool filled with ice and Blue Moon beer. Word got around that I used to bartend, so I was asked to mix up quite a few mojitos for the ladies. (2 parts fresh mint, muddled, 2 parts sugar, 6 parts rum (jk), squeeze 2 halves of a lime, ice, mix) Francis holed himself up with a chessboard and Colin. (He won a game and Colin won a game) Taylor came around with cigars and I puffed one with Lailah. It was a fabulous party.

This sign hung above the bar area...a play on words because Justin and Taylor's last name is Buzzard.
Hanging out with some Twenties friends around the firepit. Mom, do you recognize the cool shawl I am wearing? All the ladies had them. I fit right in!

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Thanks for the pic of you in the shawl. I am gland I kept that color for you, it looks fab. Much much love, Mom