Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dinner with the Fam

We flew to Philadelphia on Wednesday for Laurie and Andy's wedding. On Thursday, Francis and I slept in late, went (last minute) shopping for my bridesmaid dress, and ate at our favorite Italian joint (Guiseppe's). We came back to have dinner with my family on the deck of the house I grew up in. 418 Dorchester Lane, whoot whoot! I absolutely adore Pennsylvania in the summertime. The trees are lush and green, the airy is balmy and warm, and the crickets and locusts sing in undulating waves. This is what home means to me.

Grillmaster Eric taming the chicken.

Mom overseeing the whole operation.

Francis and my brother catching up.

Mom after her first week with the kids at school. Ugh, another year has begun.

Yuengling (a yummy Pennsylvania beer distributed only in a few East Coast states) is the beer of choice in the Hartley family. My parents sometimes prefer it warm.

Cause...
And effect.

No comments: