Saturday, August 7, 2010

Greg and Rachel's Wedding

I can't believe my little cousin got married. Here he is with his new bride. Welcome to the Turner family, Rachel!

The weekend started with some preparations. My mom, my aunt, and I went for mani/pedis. If you know my mom at all, you will understand how shocking it was to see her in a nail salon. It's never too late for your first manicure!

Very pretty, girls!

The whole family met out in Altoona for the rehearsal dinner. My dad, my brother, and I messing around at the restaurant.

The wedding went smoothly and we all posed for the obligatory rounds of photos afterward.

Cousins!

I shared a hotel room with my Aunt Natalie. It's only now that I am an adult that I can clearly see my aunt is one of the kindest, sweetest, gentlest, most down-to-earth people I know. I love her very much.

My other cousin, Trevor, making his best man's speech.

My "niece" Sophie is gorgeous! My brother and I had the opportunity to swim with her in the hotel pool. She even left the safety of her daddy's arms and struck out on her own a few times. We had swimming races across the pool with her. She always won. I also had the chance to hold Noah for a while. Man, he's heavy!

My brother claimed he didn't want to participate in the traditional garter toss. But I don't know...he seems to be reaching pretty hard for that garter. ;)

All the young people in the family went out back behind the hotel to a picnic table and had a beer after the reception. It was really cool to be able to hang out with the cousins on Greg and Trevor's paternal side. We haven't seen them since we were kids.

No comments: